HISTORYInspiring Success Since 1983
In recent years, The WorkPlace has expanded services and geographic coverage on a targeted basis. We have forged new partnerships, driven by common goals, smart economics and supported by innovative funding sources. Our collective expertise building projects and delivering results often leads to new opportunities. We are always asking, “How can we do it better?” This spirit infuses our passion for making a difference through innovation.
- 2001: Workforce Investment Board of the Year, Distinguished Performance Award, National Alliance of Business.
- 2006: Created the Insurance and Financial Services Center for Educational Excellence
- 2007: Champion of Compassion, U.S. DOL Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.
- 2008: Created the state-wide Mortgage Crisis Job Training Program.
- 2011: Launched Platform to Employment as a local initiative to help the long-term unemployed return to work. Since its launch the program has been replicated in 22 cities nationwide.
- 2012: Profiled on ’60 Minutes’ and in other national media for efforts to assist the long-term unemployed.
- 2012: Founded the Southwest Connecticut Health Career Academy to help low-income and long-term unemployed workers find employment in the healthcare industry.
- 2015: Created WP Ventures, a fee-for-service division including Engage Staffing and the bluegreen Research Institute.
- 2016: National Renewal Awards recipient from Atlantic Media and Allstate – Recognized for one of the most dynamic and innovative programs tackling America’s toughest problems.
- Since 1996 have raised more than $120 million in public funding, business and foundation grants and fee-for-services enterprises in support of workforce development programming.