, we work with a wide scope of business leaders, local officials and other stakeholders to develop innovative workforce development plans that identify and address the area’s employment needs and interests. On a state level
, we collaborate with state and local agencies to ensure that we deliver services that are consistent with comprehensive workforce development planning.
As a national leader in this field, we regularly share ideas, best practices and lessons learned with lawmakers, foundations, think tanks and other workforce development organizations around the country. We pride ourselves on bringing new thinking to the workforce table.
In all we do, our people “think it forward” – always looking for new ways to enhance the quality of life and standard of living of people in our region.
The mission of The WorkPlace is to develop a well-educated, well-trained, and self-sufficient workforce that can confidently compete in today’s changing global marketplace.
Essential to our mission is the creation of a seamless, coordinated system of education, training and employment.
- Customer centered
- Easily accessible
- Meeting the needs of employers
- Assisting people in retraining and returning to the workforce
- Empowering those who face barriers to employment
- Receiving a high level of commitment and collaboration from business, education, government and community agencies including economic development, employment and training, as well as human services
- Operating by well-defined goals and performance standards