Let Us Build Your Pathway to a Brighter Future!
The Southwestern Connecticut Health CareeRx Academy provides tuition assistance and support to help participants obtain a career in the growing healthcare field. The WorkPlace’s Health CareeRx Academy (HCA) is a broad partnership of healthcare providers, educators, trainers, and community-based organizations in Southwestern Connecticut. Designed with input from employers, HCA’s mission is to meet the current and evolving workforce needs of healthcare employers. The HCA provides occupational training, work readiness, and other supports to individuals who desire to begin or advance a career in healthcare. All training by HCA leads to a certificate or degree and prepares individuals to pass a state or national licensing exam.
Benefits and services include:
- Skills Assessment
- Job Readiness Training
- Tuition Assistance
- Occupational Training
- Internships and On the Job Training (limited)
- Job Placement Services
- Career Exploration and Career Development Plans
- Workshops in Healthcare Occupations and Career Advancement
- Career Support Services such as:
- Assistance with childcare and transportation while enrolling in training
- Assistance with immunizations or other medical needs for training/employment
- …And more based on grant eligibility
Sample occupations. Please note, access to occupations are based on available funding.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
- Community Health Worker (CHW)
- Dental Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Sterile Processing Technician
- …And more.
Currently, enrolling for Community Health Workers!
Community Health Workers (CHW) are public health outreach professionals with an in-depth understanding of a community’s experience, language, culture, and socioeconomic needs. Among other things, they (1) serve as liaisons between community members and health care and social service providers and (2) provide a range of services, including outreach, advocacy, and care coordination.
For more information about Community Health Workers, Check out https://www.chwresourcesct.org/about-us/