OPENING DOORS TO A REWARDING CAREER IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD
EnvironmentalWorks provides skills training and certifications to become an Environmental Field Technician.
Cleaning up the environment is an important focus of the green economy. Sites that are polluted because of industrial activity, the use of pesticides and fertilizer, or the release of other pollutants must be cleaned up in order to redevelop them or return them to their natural state.
EnvironmentalWorks participants will be able to secure jobs across a spectrum of environmental management activities, including the assessment, cleanup, and revitalization of brownfields, and management and cleanup of solid and hazardous waste management sites. This program is available to residents of Bridgeport, Connecticut at no cost.
This intensive training program includes:
- Skills training leading to nationally recognized credential/certificate
- Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response – 40 Hour
- OSHA – 10 Hour General Construction
- OSHA -30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Program
- First Aid
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- AED – Automated External Defibrillator
- Preparation for employment
- Life Skills
- Resume Writing
- Job Search Techniques
- Interview Preparation
- Connecting To Employers Upon Graduation
EnvironmentalWorks is a project of The WorkPlace. It is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available to individuals with disabilities upon request.
What you can expect as an Environmental Remediation Technician