Information Technology Jobs Are In Demand. Begin Your Career In The Growing IT Industry.
The Connecticut Workforce & High-Tech Industry Skills Partnership (CT-WHISP) is seeking individuals to strengthen the talent pipeline of workers in the Information Technology (IT) sector!
CT-WHISP offers grant-funded, short term IT courses aligned with industry certifications (CompTIA and Amazon Web Services) as well as supportive services and job-search assistance. Training is offered in hybrid and online formats.
Training prepares individuals to start in entry-level IT positions. The types of jobs you can get a job: Technical Support Specialist, Data Support Technician, or System Support Specialist.
Course offerings include:
- CompTIA A+ Certification Preparation Course – We follow the Housatonic Community College scheduled for dates.
- 15-week online course with Housatonic Community College
- The CompTIA A+ certification is the starting point for a career in IT. This online course prepares students for the industry-recognized certification and covers all topics related to the CompTIA A+ 220-1101 and CompTIA+ 220-1102.
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Foundations
- 7-Week Course, Online or In-Person at Norwalk Community College
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy Cloud Foundations is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. The course provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Reside in The WorkPlace’s 20-town service district
- Demonstrate likelihood of program completion and IT employment
Contact us today to learn more and to apply for the IT training at NO COST.
This product is funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of DOL/ETA. DOL/ETA makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.