ARE YOU INTERESTED IN GETTING TRAINING TOWARDS A CAREER?
Explore a career through the CareerHub. We offer skills training as well as job search and placement services. Our team of knowledgeable workforce specialists can help each young person discover their career interest and work toward attaining the skills needed to gain employment. We want to keep you moving in the direction of your goals. You will receive job coaching, skills training, credentials, and job placement at no cost to you!
Southwestern Connecticut young adults, up to age 24 who are in school and out of school can apply to participate in community-based training programs funded by The WorkPlace.
Online Services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Career Coaching
- Occupational Training
- GED Exam Assistance
- Job Search Assistance
- Life Management Training
- Entrepreneurial/Administrative Skills
- Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance
- Resume Writing
- Literacy Support
- Hospitality Services
- Customer Service
- CDL Licensing
- Paid Internships
- And More
Beginner Podcast Training For Bridgeport Residents Only
Have you ever wondered how to get started in the world of radio? Well, Podcasting could be your start to a new career opportunity. The Podcast Business Is Booming
- During this paid 6-week training, you will learn all about podcasting and the media skills you will need to conduct your podcast or how to work behind the scenes.
- Learn what equipment is needed to run your podcast and how to use it.
- Be on the ground floor of helping the CareerHub set up its own Podcast.
- Radios shows will review issues important to your generation, such as the impact of covid on your city, your family, and you.
For more info, call the CareerHub Manager, Arnold Johnson at 203-610-8127
Cyber-Seniors is a PAID OPPORTUNITY
Cyber-Seniors trains young people to be tech mentors for senior citizens.
You can make a difference in bridging the digital divide and helping seniors be more connected.
- Online training to help you develop work skills to mentor seniors with technology training and support.
- Contact the CareerHub to sign-up to help seniors learn to use technology.
- Training will be done online
- Get paid as you train
- Earn a salary each time you connect with a senior
What programs can be found at the Career Hub?
YouthWorks supports local young adults between the ages of 16 to 24 choose and prepare for a career. The year round program provides support services, industry training and paid work experience for up to eight weeks. A Summer Earn & Learn Employment Program links young adults to summer employment. Participants learn work readiness skills and are paid for 20 hours weekly at minimum age for up to seven weeks during the summer.
YouthBuild Bridgeport is a pre-apprentice program that helps out-of-school Bridgeport residents between the ages of 16 and 24 learn construction and manufacturing skills. Participants receive on-the-job, hands-on, construction skills training utilizing an actual housing rehabilitation project or new construction site in the community that helps to create quality low-income housing. Additionally, participants receive GED preparation, life skills and job readiness training, leadership skills development, support services and job placement assistance.