In preparation of Veteran’s Day, the 2018 Valor Awards will take place on Thursday, November 1st at Port 5 Naval Veterans in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This is the 6th year the Valor Awards have been presented. The event will recognize and honor the outstanding individuals that make up and support our veteran community in Connecticut. This year we will recognize two local veterans for their dedication to overcome adversity and a local employer from Stratford for their commitment to supporting and hiring veterans. Additionally we are honored to be joined by a World War II veteran who will receive a special recognition for his patriotism. The 2018 Valor Awards is organized by The WorkPlace and Port 5 Naval Veterans. We are pleased to announce the following awardees:
· Jacques McAdams, of Bridgeport, CT, who served in the U.S Army.
· Zofia Szwarc, of Bridgeport, CT, who served in the U.S Marine Corps.
· Abunassir Karim, of Danbury, CT, for his commitment to housing veterans.
· Premier Graphics, of Stratford, CT, for their commitment to training and hiring veterans.
· John Stewart Lahey, of Bridgeport, CT who served in WWII, and is an outstanding example of an American patriot and respected citizen.
Members of the press are welcome to cover the event and speak with award winners
Key Note Speaker: Colonel Jennifer Hicks McGowan, U.S Military Academy, West Point
Joseph Carbone, President & CEO, The WorkPlace
Master Chief Richard Iannucci, Commander of Port 5 Naval
Carlo Leone, State Senator, 27th District
WHAT: 2018 Valor Awards Veteran Recognition Ceremony
WHEN: Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 6:00pm
WHERE: Port 5 Naval Veterans, 69 Brewster Street, Bridgeport, CT 06605
About The WorkPlace
The WorkPlace conducts comprehensive planning, and coordinates regional workforce development policy and programs to prepare people for careers while strengthening the workforce for employers. As national leader in the field, The WorkPlace regularly shares ideas and best practices with lawmakers, foundations, think tanks and other workforce development organizations around the country. For more information, visit www.workplace.org