What is Ready2Work?
The PSEG Ready2Work program helps Bridgeport residents develop basic skills that apply to construction trades looking to hire. Get on the path to a career in the building trades. Apply online at https://bridgeportharborstation.com/ready2work-registration/
Train for a high-paying union apprenticeship—at no cost
This apprenticeship readiness training program will consist of five classes over a 14-month period to prepare Bridgeport residents for potential apprenticeships in the various building trades.
The PSEG Ready2Work program will get you ready to apply for union apprenticeships in a just few short weeks. Program benefits include:
- Get the skills for entry-level employment in the construction industry.
- Earn multiple certifications, including OSHA 10, CPR, Green Awareness in Construction and more. All books, tools and supplies provided free of charge.
- Equal opportunity: women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply to the Trade union-based program
- Nationally recognized, comprehensive curriculum
- Exposure to a wide range of construction trades
The PSEG Ready2Work Program
Class size is kept small to provide individualized attention and help you succeed. The 120 hour Multi-Craft Core Curriculum online curriculum is utilized along with 280 classroom instruction hours and hands-on training experiences. The curriculum is divided into nine sections:
- Construction industry orientation
- Tools and materials
- Construction health and safety (including OSHA 10 and CPR)
- How to read blueprints
- Basic math for construction
- Heritage of the American worker
- Diversity in the construction industry
- Green construction
- Financial literacy
Who is eligible?
You are — if you meet the following union requirements:
- Bridgeport resident
- At least 18 years of age at the time of graduation
- Have a high school diploma (or GED)
- Physically capable
- Proficient in English
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Licensed driver at time of program graduation
How to apply, click here
Classes start in January 2018! Submit your application today!