BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Location: Hours of Operation:
137 Henry Street, 2nd Floor Mon., Tues., Wed. & Fri. 9:00am-4:00pm
Stamford, CT 06902 Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm
Limited Services at this DMV Express Office
- VERIFIED driver’s license renewals – U.S. Citizens Only
- REGULAR driver’s license renewals – U.S. Citizens Only
- A Non-U.S. Citizen with a REGULAR Driver’s License issued prior to October 4, 2011 may renew at these offices.
- VERIFIED IDENTIFICATION card renewals – U.S. Citizens Only
- REGULAR IDENTIFICATION card renewals – U.S. Citizens Only
- A Non-U.S. Citizen with a REGULAR Identification Card issued prior to October 4, 2011 may renew at these offices.
- DUPLICATE drivers’ licenses, ID cards, and learner’s permits
- NAME CHANGES on driver licenses, ID cards and learner’s permits
Important Note: Commercial and public service driver licenses are not handled by this office.
When renewing at The WorkPlace, U.S. Citizens will have a choice of a regular or verified license or ID Card. Please see information on the Real ID Program.
Non-U.S. Citizens will need to visit a DMV office to apply for a verified renewal.
This office does not process the following license-related services:
- Commercial Drivers’ Licenses (CDL)
- Licenses with endorsements/restrictions for public passengers
- Suspended drivers’ licenses. Your license will not be renewed until your license privilege is restored. See how to resolve a license suspension.
- “Drive Only” license services
For CDLs and licenses with endorsements, please visit a DMV Hub Office.
Acceptable forms of payment:
- Personal Checks
- Bank Checks
- Money Orders
- Credit Cards – Master Card or Visa
Cash is not accepted
The WorkPlace will charge a convenience fee of $8 per DMV Transaction and payment must be made separately to “The WorkPlace”
Ample parking is available at the back of the building.